Tuesday 21 April 2015

White is the Coldest Colour- my review

This is one of the best debut novels I've read. I seriously was on the edge of my seat reading it. The author is an ex police officer and child protection social worker. He's drawn on his experiences to write a compelling psychological thriller that I found gripping from start to finish. 

A law abiding highly thought of psychiatrist Dr. Galbraith... That's what he's portrayed as. However behind closed doors he's the vilest sickest pedophile. He has his daughter & wife terrified of him too. When a young boy is sent to him for psychiatric help the sick doctor will do anything to get Anthony into his hidden cellar at home. 

Although this is fiction I must praise the author on bringing up this subject. Child abuse is happening all over the world. 
'Be careful who you trust'. 

It's only when I had finished the book and sat and thought about it that I realised how appropriate the title is to the story. If you like psychological thrillers then I really do highly recommend his book. 

I'm so looking forward to the authors next book..it looks like we are getting the wife's story!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment