Monday 1 December 2014

Saving Charlie - my review

I've read a few of this authors books and really enjoyed them. However this book blew me away. 

As much as reading about real topics can sometimes be hard I applaud authors who bring these sensitive subjects to the forefront. Anne Conley has done a fantastic job with this story. 

Through Charlie we read about the traumatic effects of human trafficking.  My heart broke for Charlie. She went through and is going through so much heartache. Yet she's a really strong character. She's a fighter hence she's living!! 
Les. Well what can I say about Les. I absolutely love him. The baby steps he took with Charlie broke me. 

The author did a fantastic job of portraying these characters as real. The author put her heart and soul into writing this story. This is a brilliantly written story. I had goosebumps reading this story. It's not an angsty story. However when your reading this and at the back of your mind you know that somewhere this is happening to young kids you can't help but feel sick at the evilness and greed of some people. 
Well done Anne on a fantastic story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment