Saturday 28 November 2015

Defaced - my review

This is the first book I've read by this author. It's her first dark story and I totally loved it. 

Apart from reading a few teasers I basically jumped into this story blind and I'm so glad I did. The author had me gripped from start to finish. The writing is flawless and I liked how the author added her own uniqueness to the storyline. 

The characters came across as real to me and I could understand their pain and fears. 

Monster has been held captive all his life. He only knows what his father has taught him. He has grown up believing he's a monster. 

Lily is kidnapped and held captive. She has known a life of solitude as her memories keep her in the past. She keeps everyone at a distance. 

Both Monster and Lily are hurting from the past. Neither are sure how to move on. Can they help each other or will they cause even more pain for one another??

This book has dark themes so it isn't for the faint hearted. Having said that I thought the author did a great job and I'm looking forward to reading more of Monster and Lily's story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment