Monday 25 June 2018



No Reception
For hyper-successful wedding photographer and blogger, Zody Lee Swabler, anonymous death threats come with the territory. When warned by email not to continue booking jobs, she responds by accepting the next request that comes in.

When a strangely eager woman approaches her about the emails, she accepts the woman’s invitation to visit her home. So begins Helena Hoath’s elaborate plan to take over the life and profession of the photographer she wishes she could be.

And when Zody unleashes her own revenge scheme, she discovers that the unhinged woman may still have the wit to turn a successful photographer’s own talents against her.

Zody and Helena's lives begin to intertwine in ways that neither could have foreseen…
Purchase Link - http://mybook.to/noreception

Author Bio – Maisie Porter works as a professional photographer in Australia, with wide experience covering weddings, though she has neither abducted nor been abducted by any competitors. No Reception is Maisie's first novel.
Social Media Links –
https://twitter.com/eyeointment

MY REVIEW

I’ve got to say I was in a tizzy after reading this. How could I write a review when my thoughts weren’t even straight? I can usually write a review straight away but I couldn’t after reading this. Well done to the author on her debut novel. 

This story is told through two points of view... Helena & Zody. I’m not going to go into the storyline but it’s so twisted I couldn’t believe what I was reading. The author wrote a story that sucks you in slowly from the start. The two main characters seem normal enough until we realise how twisted one of them really is. 


I believe the story needs tightening up and the ending felt really rushed. However this book messed with my head so it’s getting four stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment