Friday 14 February 2014

MARRIED TO THE JOB book promo

 

BOOK DETAILS:

TitleMarried to the Job

Author:  Cynthia Racette

Genres: Contemporary Romance

Publisher: Twenty or Less Press

Release DateJanuary 14

 

Dr. Miranda Perry is a workaholic whose job is everything to her. When sexy, smart, and suave Dr. Russell Rogers visits Palomar to give a seminar, he blows her world apart. 

It’s love at first sight for Russ, and he uses every trick in his arsenal to convince Miranda to go out with him. In the short time they have together, sparks fly and sexual attraction burns up the sheets. 

After Russ returns to his job in Boston, the two arrange hectic, emotion- and sex-filled moments, but the liaisons in the Midwest don’t cut it and a choice must be made. With each of them committed to prestigious jobs on opposite sides of the country, will they let the fire burn out because each is married to the job? 

 

Reviews for Married to the Job say…

I am not a fan of science so I thought this book would be a little boring since the lead characters were both Scientists. Wow, I was wrong.  If you have ever been in [a long distance relationship] you can relate to Miranda's and Russ' dilemma. If you haven't, then you can ask yourself these questions...how far is too far to travel for love & what would you give up to finally be with the person who is the love of your life? Read Married to the Job and find out how far Miranda & Russ will go.
I was a little leery at first because of the professions and was slightly worried that I wouldn't like it because of that. Boy, I was wrong. I loved this story. I loved how Miranda and Russ had to work through distance and jobs in order to make their relationship work.
The story is an interesting read on how workaholics manage a long distance relationship. This isn't a typical fluffy romance. Cynthia Racette is very detailed with the main characters jobs and on how the long distance relationship worked. Some might find this boring but I found it fascinating. I really enjoyed this romance. The author's writing style is easy to read. The plot was unique from stories I've read lately. It was nice to read about scientist geeks for a change instead of alpha rich guys. Definitely recommend.

 

Bio for Cynthia Racette:

I have been writing most of my life. My husband and I are newly retired, and have moved to a suburb of Buffalo in order to be closer to our children and grandchildren. We really enjoy being near our granddaughters and wee grandson and love them to pieces. If my fingers are not on my laptop keyboard, they are around my wee girls' tiny fingers taking them to the zoo or a local festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment