Saturday 29 August 2015

My Perfect Imperfections - my review

I thought this was a beautiful well written story. It's raw and emotional. 

The story is told through Lily's point of view who has cerebral palsy. She tells us what living with Cerebral Palsy is like, the struggles and insecurities. Layna, her twin and best friend sees her sister and not the disability. However Cerebral Palsy is all that Lily can see. Will Chance change everything for her?

Personal note: when I was ten my granda dropped me off at a club for people with learning disabilities to do first aid duty. Those two hours changed my life. For ten years I spent all my time volunteering with children and adults with disabilities. This included sharing my bed at Christmas with a disabled toddler to going to Lourdes a few times to work in the hospital. Through these years I learnt that these people are the strongest most honest and friendly people I've ever met. Two of the girls I knew had cerebral palsy. Although they struggled they learnt how to deal with what life through at them. 
This story touched me deep within. Great read. Loved it. 

1 comment: