Sunday 11 October 2015

Daddy's Boy- my review

I love reading books from authors I've never heard of. When this authors name popped into my email to review I couldn't resist. This is a real quick read. 

Jake's girlfriend is pregnant, his worst nightmare come true. Overwhelmed with memories of a drunk abusive father and a miserable childhood, Jake doesn't think he's fit to be a dad. Now, he must make an impossible choice: clean up and get his life together (and lay off the booze while he's at it), or get rid of the problem...

In this short story we read of what happens when Jake finds out his girlfriend is pregnant. We read of the impact it has on him, his girlfriend and his close friend. 

This could have been a five star for me. However I felt the ending let it down. Maybe there was a hidden meaning behind it that I didn't grasp. If your looking for a sweet romance give this a miss. 
3.5 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment