Monday 30 March 2015

The Cowboy - new release

THE COWBOY, Montana Men Series- Book 2

© 2015 Vanessa Vale & Blushing Books

Excerpt

It wasn't until the town was well behind us that Mr. Blake pulled on the reins and stopped the wagon, the horse snorting and blowing at the delay. I looked over at him in question and opened my mouth to speak, but he silenced me with a kiss. Not a simple peck, but an assault on my senses. It was my first kiss and it was nothing as I'd imagined. I expected cold lips pressing against mine, a mere brushing and then gone. Mr. Blake, it seemed, was not a man to do something with half measure. At first, yes, his lips brushed over mine, but they were warm and gentle, but only briefly. His tongue plunged into my mouth at my surprised gasp and I tasted him; minty, as if he'd eaten a peppermint candy from the mercantile, with a hint of something else. Something manly and dark that promised my every carnal desire would be met.

I didn't know how long we kissed, but when he pulled back, my fingers--to my surprise--were tangled in his silky hair at his nape. I moaned low in my throat at his retreat, which had me blushing. Or perhaps it was the carnality of it that did that. The kiss had bumped his hat askew and he righted it. 

"Now I know how to quiet you," he replied, his voice rough.

My blood was heated, moving thickly through my veins. My nipples had tightened beneath my corset; even the softest of fabrics was abrasive against the now tender tips. I had not known them to respond in such a fashion before. How strange, yet tantalizing. And further down, between my legs, I was wet. I knew what happened to a woman when aroused--I'd lived in a brothel for six years--and yet this was the first time I'd experienced any of the activities I'd heard about, and the neediness that accompanied it.

My own fingers in the dark--or playing with items that had been delivered for the girls yet I'd snuck away for my own use--never made me feel this way. With a man, with Wyatt, it was so much more intense, so much more....more. Even doing so furtively and under the cover of darkness behind my locked bedroom door. It didn't matter, however. If I lived with whores and tried some of the tools of the trade and found pleasure in them, there was no question I was one. I was not the typical virgin.

"I've been wanting to do that for weeks, even before I knew who you were. I've longed to be able to kiss my wife, looked forward to taking liberties with her--I still am, for all that--when I didn't even know your name."

The flush of pleasure at his words had me glowing brightly, as if a candle lit me from the inside. I clenched my thighs together in certain anticipation and to ease the ache. "You received word, obviously, of my arrival," I stated, my breathing uneven. He wouldn't have been waiting for the stage if he had not anticipated me. 

"I did. Just the expected date of the stage and your name."

"Mrs. Bidwell assured me that you were the perfect choice for me," I shared, shifting some of the weight of becoming his bride onto the decisions of another. 

He grinned rakishly, no doubt using that as a weapon against a lady's defenses to take liberties. It was most assuredly working on me. His handsomeness was overwhelming really. How had he remained unmarried for so long? And why? "And do you agree with her?"

I licked my lips. Mr. Blake's eyes dropped to my mouth as I did so, his eyes widening briefly. "I...I don't even know you." 

Turning forward, he flicked the reins and we were moving once again. "Let's remedy that. Once we get to the ranch, we'll get to know each other very well."


Buy link

link: http://goo.gl/wt5dlk


Authors links

Twitter: @iamvanessavale


No comments:

Post a Comment