Wednesday 8 March 2017

MY REVIEW

This is the first book I've read by this author and wow talk about being thrown in the deep end. 


My view of this book kept changing. While reading I kept asking myself would I recommend this read to my friends & how many stars will I be giving it. This is one of them stories where it's best to wait until you've read it all. 


Lisa is the main character in this story. We also get to read of the detectives point of view as well. Let's get back  to Lisa. I didn't read the blurb until I'd finished the book. If I had I'd have seen that Lisa is described as a manipulative prodigy. Keep that in mind when reading this story. I didn't and kept questioning how a sixteen year old would think the way Lisa did. 


Lisa is a really strong character. She tells her story many years later as she writes it in a manuscript. We see inside the mind of her being held captive and her strong need to keep her unborn baby safe. As you read on you will see her mind doesn't think like most people do and she can switch her feelings on and off like a switch. 


The last quarter was my favourite. I went from thinking I'd be giving this a three star to giving it a five when all the pieces fell into place in my mind. Although not an easy or quick read I thought the author did a great job with this book.


No comments:

Post a Comment