Friday 4 November 2016

      Hell Yeah!: Her Hell Yeah Cowboy

                   Amazon: http://amzn.to/2cs5AIT

 

Years ago, he unknowingly rescued his soulmate, now she’s back in Texas and about to save his guarded heart. 

 

Unlike his twin, Texas National Guardsman Sgt. Logan McCall would rather march barefoot and blindfolded through a cow pasture than date the same woman twice. After an active duty injury during a flood washed away his promising sports career and engagement years ago, Logan guards his heart more than his life until, fresh from deployment, he runs into a friend of the McCoys…literally. Hill Country’s newest resident is hotter than the wing sauce soaking into his shirt. 

 

Mission on. 

 

Graphic designer and carrier of misfortune, Chloe Davis is a danger to herself and those around her, so entertaining thoughts for the sexy cowboy wearing her hot sauce should be a no-no…not a hell yeah—especially considering he’s the guardsman linked to a horrible instance in her past. But when he turns out to be one of her clients, she can no more avoid him than the attraction sizzling between them. Chloe’s back in Texas determined to make a fresh start, and she succeeds in business but fails to resist the handsome soldier’s relentless pursuit. 

 

But when he discovers her past, will he trust his heart or lose her forever?

 






He glanced at the adorable woman riding shotgun in his truck as they drove back from the San Antonio store. Before they’d left the house she’d changed into a rust colored tank top and a pair of cut-offs, showing off mile long legs he immediately imagined wrapped around his hips. It made driving the truck difficult when all he wanted was to drive into the beauty doing her damnedest to become one with the passenger door. Logan’s lips twitched. It was as if she didn’t trust herself to be close to him. The ride to, and now from, the store for the paddleboard equipment went the same with Chloe hugging the corner. 

“It’s okay, you know.” He glanced sideways at her and smiled. “I’m not going to jump you, so you can relax. You’re safe.” 

Despite his desire, he’d never force himself on her. 

A pretty blush rose in her cheeks but instead of shying away from the subject, she snickered and sent him a sly grin. “I’m more concerned about your safety.” 

Damn. 

He hadn’t expected that. A sharp thrill shot through his body. He really liked her openness. “Don’t be. Trust me. I can handle myself. I’ve been in plenty of dangerous situations.” 

Her gaze clouded over and what little relaxation she’d achieved disappeared with the stiffening of her shoulders. “I just don’t want to add to it.” 

For a moment he thought he’d heard her mumble the word again at the end of her sentence, but it made no sense. They’d never met before. 

“You talking about that warning label?” He grinned at her as he exited the highway. “I never was one to listen to warnings.” 

“Well, you should when it comes to me.” Her face was turned to stare out the window so he couldn’t see her expression, but there was no teasing in her tone. 

When she didn’t elaborate, he decided to prod. “Why? It’ll take a lot more than food stains to scare me.” 

More silence. She just shrugged and continued to stare out the window, until he turned onto his property. 

A frown creased her forehead when she glanced at him. “I thought you were going to teach me to paddleboard.” 

“I am.” 

A brow arched. “Isn’t there usually water involved?” 

He chuckled. “Yes.” 

“So…we’re going back to the house, why?” 

“Who said we’re going back to the house?” He slowed and turned onto one of the dirt roads that led the river. “The Guadalupe cuts through part of the ranch.” 

The McCoys weren’t the only ones to enjoy the basin. Twice a year, in May and August, he and his brother got together with the McCoys and rode tubes down from Tebow. The May outing didn’t happen, but he looked forward to the one this month. 

“Oh. You have river access.” 

That was a loaded oh. “What’s wrong?” 

“Nothing. I just…didn’t know. That’s all.” 

But it wasn’t all. He could feel a sudden tension rolling off her in waves. “Would you rather practice in the pool?” 

Her brows rose. “Do people do that?”

“I’m not sure,” he answered honestly. “I’ve only ever seen paddle-boarding on rivers, and lakes, and the Gulf. But it’s water, so I’m sure people do. Why? Do you not like rivers?” 

There was a rigidity to her posture that wasn’t there a few seconds ago. Then it dawned on him. Logan stopped the truck and put it in park. 

“Chloe, look at me.” He reached across the back of the seat to lightly squeeze her taut shoulder. “Were you in a flood?”


About Donna Michaels

It's all my mother's fault.

She read to me before I could read and opened up that magical world where I still reside today. Then came television and movies. Now I had three avenues to feed my imagination...and boy could I eat!

As you no doubt figured out, this lead to my writing career. After several starts in between having a son, twin sons then a daughter, I didn't get serious until my youngest child entered 1st grade. Now, I'm multi-published with several publisher and self-published in e-Book and print with a ton of voices in my head. I love those voices! They helped me achieve award winning status, and become a New York Times and USA Today Best Selling author. 

Hope they never stop!

Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/DonnaMichaelsAuthor/?fref=ts

Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Donna-Michaels/e/B008J24XR2/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1


No comments:

Post a Comment