Tuesday 23 October 2018

Safeguard - foster an author



Post 3- FOSTER AN AUTHOR


QUESTIONS & ANSWERS


1.What did you want to become when you were a kid?
I wanted to be the first female Major League Baseball Player. As we all know that never happened lol. I was a tom-boy through and through and a huge lover of baseball and still am. Go Yankees! I grew up on a block with a bunch of boys(I was better than every one of them) and we played hard core every day after school. I was blessed with three sons and taught them how to play the game and I can still throw a pretty mean fastball.

2.Do you recall the first ever book/novel you read?
I really don't remember but I must admit I do remember being around 13 and finding some steamy vintage Harlequin Romance novels under my moms bed and from that day forward I was hooked. I would re read them over and over until she bought new ones or I’d go to the town library and sneak one out. I'm pretty sure that's where my love of romance all started for me.

3.How do you select the names of your characters?
Simple answer. Google lol. But I have been know to put a persons name in a book as a villain if I don't like them.

4.What inspires you to write?
I find inspiration in lots of things but the main one for me is music. I play music all day long and I love all kinds from rap to pop to old school to country. But really, it could be from anywhere, maybe watching a movie or talking to a stranger or reading an article in the newspaper. An example is I've been addicted to these stories on Facebook lately called Militarykind stories and they are so heartwarming. I saw one last week about a mom in the Air Force who hadn't seen her toddler son in 6 months and it had me in tears. Now I have this dang idea in my head that wants to be a book lol

5.What advice would you like to give to writers who are struggling with their first novel? Well first off, I'm not sure I have enough experience to be giving advice. I have made a gazillion mistakes and have learned so much releasing my first book and some of it is priceless. The main thing I would say is don't give up on your dream. I know it's easy to say that now but if you look at my story, you'll understand. I have always felt that I want- ed to do this and never did for a very long time. In 2015 I was laying in an ICU hospital bed after a second brain and spine surgery and I was reading Driven by K Bromberg. I remember reading something about how she's a mom and a wife and on a whim she decided to do this for herself. I figured since I am no longer able to work, why the hell not. So I'm telling you now, if me, a broke-ass, 50 year old wife and mother of 3 who never graduated from college can do it, SO CAN YOU!! Never think you are to old or not smart enough to follow your dream. You don't need anyone's approval. If this is what you want then do it. Do it for you and no one else.

6.What do you love most about writing?
I'm so naughty but my favorite part is writing the sex scenes. I love to read steamy sexy books and I love to write them even more.

7.How often do you write?
I try to write every day but it's not always feasible with my hectic life. But even if it's a couple of hundred words. Whenever I have down time I will either be writing or reading.

8.If you could have been the original author of any book, what would it have been and why?
American Queen by Sierra Simone. I absolutely love her writing and I think she's a ge- nius. And she's so naughty *teehee* I want to be her when I grow up lol

9.Do you have anything else written that you've never shared?
Yes. I have a 100k novel sitting on my laptop called ”Let Me Love You” about two people who've been through hell and struggled through life and finally find love. And what's hot- ter than a successful alpha business man and a sweet, strong, intelligent nanny. It's ac- tually the first thing I ever wrote and I hope to release it next year some time.

#FAA2018 #Fosteranauthor2018 #FosteranAuthorBlogger

No comments:

Post a Comment