Sunday 29 March 2015

The Grave Tender - my review

This was a really great read. It's a captivating read that is told very well. I was pretty gripped to this story. The twists were certainly unexpected. 

My book buddy Sue  read this a few days before me and I loved the texts that she sent while reading it. We have the same kinda taste in books so I knew if she likes it then I would. 

This is Hadleys story. Through her voice as a young girl and as an adult we hear of the ups and downs of her life. We also get to read of the lives of the other family members. This story is shrouded in suspense which I loved. 
Although it kinda started slow for me (maybe because it was young Hadleys point of view)
I felt it certainly speeded up and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Looking forward to more from this author as this was a great debut novel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment