Wednesday 19 November 2014

Black Rose - my review

This is an extremely well written gripping story. 

Lillian's life falls apart when she is kidnapped and held captive by a sick stranger. While being held captive she realises that the girls gone missing in her hometown are being held captive too. The kidnapper believes these girls are his and he can do what he likes. She is brutally beaten and raped. However the kidnapper hadn't taken into consideration how strong Lillian is. We also get Lillian's boyfriend, Richards, points of view. He tells us of his pain and how he can't just sit back and do nothing. We read about the anguish and pain her family and friends are going through while she is missing. 

Although dark this is a fantastic story. I felt I was going through so many emotions while reading this. My heart was in my mouth while reading parts and heart thumping reading other parts. I read this in one day. While not reading it this book was in my thoughts. This book is not for the faint hearted. If you like a gripping, dark book that will have your stomach in bits then I highly recommend this story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment