Sunday 19 January 2020

Review: The Leaving Party

The Leaving Party The Leaving Party by Lesley Sanderson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

“Every year on the same day, on the anniversary, I receive a single black rose. Thirteen years of dark petals, jagged thorns, dredging up memories I’ve tried to forget”

Just these words in the blurb grabbed my attention so I jumped in.

Ava is about to leave for a new start with her boyfriend Ben. Her friend Lena throws her a leaving party. When spooky stuff starts to happen she’s afraid her past is coming back to haunt her.

This story took a bit of time to get into as we get two points of view as well as two different timelines.

Once I got used to the way the story is being told I enjoyed the story.

Can’t say I loved either of the characters but it’s got a good storyline.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment