Thursday 2 May 2019

Not My Daughter - new release



NEW RELEASE

HAPPY PUBLICATION DAY to Kate Hewitt and  absolutely heartbreaking pageturner NOT MY DAUGHTER.  Have an awesome day Kate.  
Buy links: 
Amz: https://geni.us/B07NBKGZMVSocial
Kobo: http://ow.ly/NQeX30oBOXk
iBookstore: http://ow.ly/KZet30oBOWF
Googleplay: http://ow.ly/q4m930oBOWd

Anna’s hands tense on Alice and she hesitates. In that endless pause, I see all I need to know. She doesn’t want to give Alice to me – not now, and not ever. And part of me doesn’t even blame her…

Milly always dreamed of being a mother. Adopted herself, she has always imagined a powerful intimate connection with a child of her own. So when she and her husband Matt are told they can’t have children, her dreams are shattered.

But then their loved ones offer the ultimate gift – Milly’s best friend Anna and Matt’s brother Jack will be donors so that Milly can carry a child and finally have a chance to be a mother. And with everyone accepting and open, Milly believes that nothing could go wrong.

Except none of the four people involved are prepared for the feelings that will threaten their most important relationships as their precious, longed-for daughter Alice grows up…

But when Alice turns four, she receives a heartbreaking diagnosis. And the four people who love her best will have to decide what it means to be a parent, and to make decisions with far-reaching and devastating consequences… for Alice, and for themselves.

A powerful, heart-breaking novel guaranteed to make you cry, for fans of Jodi Picoult, Diane Chamberlain, and Gracie’s Secret.

MY REVIEW

Wow what a story. This brought me back to before I had a kindle and I would search everywhere for a book like Jodi Picoult that would take my breath away. This sure did. 

I started this on a sunny afternoon and I seriously didn’t move until I had finished the book. I was so engrossed in the amazing story telling that I didn’t feel the time passing. 

I’m not going to go into the storyline as the blurb should be enough for you. 

This is an emotional story where I felt the author pulled my heart apart. Not an easy read due to the difficult topics, but a story that needs to be told. 

Without a doubt this will be one of my top reads this year and I’ll certainly be re reading it in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment