Monday 15 April 2019

Review: Jay-Jay the Supersonic Bus

Jay-Jay the Supersonic Bus Jay-Jay the Supersonic Bus by Sue Wickstead
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

My friends five year old daughter absolutely loved this book. When it arrived I read it through with her. We talked about the pictures as we went along. A few days later when she was visiting again she asked my seventeen year old son to read it with her. Again the story was read to her while she gave feedback on the pictures.

Since then my friends daughter has picked the book up every time she has been over. She has been doing well spelling out the words for herself. In fact I had a real proud moment when I heard her trying to read and explain the story to a two year old ( she actually did very well).

This was and still is a great read. I doubt it will stay long on my bookcase as it seems to be read quite a bit and enjoyed. Good storyline that catches children’s attentions. The illustrations are very good. Highly recommend this read for your little ones.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I loved your review and hearing how your friends little girl involved your 17 year old son too.
    Reading is all about sharing and enjoying a book and i am pleased that the Jay-Jay book is a favourite.
    I liked knowing that your friend daughter then became a teacher telling the story to a two year old.
    Thank you for taking the time in the blog blitz.
    It was great for me to hear all the posative comments
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete