Wednesday 12 February 2014

UNDER AN IRISH SKY review

This is a brilliant well written story. It is the first in a series about my new favourite action hero John Morgan. 

Firstly this is a genre I've not read in a long time. After reading this I've realised I've missed out on lots of great reads. Thankfully I've not missed out in this gem. 

History is not a subject I'm keen on however the author did a great job of grabbing my attention with his historical references. I was gripped reading this story. Of course I really enjoyed reading about the Irish countryside and the Irishism the author popped into this story. For example do you know what gardai is? As I'm Irish & my partner is English I had to explain to him what it meant as I kept saying it!!

Ok let me get back to the story. Morgan, as he's called in the book, escapes to County Wexford to mend his broken heart. In this book we find out what happened to him and how he ends up in Wexford. 

The first in the series is about a German man called Karl Muller. We are told in a brilliant way how he ends up in Ireland. How does Morgan help his family? You gotta pick this book up to find out. 

This book goes back and forth to tell us about these two men's lives. 

This is a remarkable debut book which I thoroughly enjoyed. While reading this I kept thinking it should be made into a film!!

Well done to the author and I'm looking forward to reading more by him.


No comments:

Post a Comment