Monday 1 July 2019

Review: The Unmaking of Ellie Rook

The Unmaking of Ellie Rook The Unmaking of Ellie Rook by Sandra Ireland
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I’ve read Bone Deep by this author and loved it so I was looking forward to reading another from her.

According to legend, Finella , a fierce Pictish queen, jumped to certain death from a waterfall after killing the King of Scotland. When Ellie Rook’s mother, Imelda, disappears from the same spot, Ellie is forced to confront some disturbing truths about the family she left behind and the woman she has become.

Ellie gets a phone call that’s gonna change her life forever. Her mother’s missing, presumed dead.

Is the folklore about Fenella connected to her mums disappearance?

This was a different kinda read for me but I really enjoyed it. I felt the author weaved a story rather than write it. I’m really looking forward to reading more from this author.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment